General travel conditions that apply to travel agreements concluded with Jordan Desert Journeys
In these travel conditions the following terms have the following meanings:
- The tour operator: the person who, in the course of his business, offers in his own name to future guests or to a group of persons pre-organized tours, Jordan Desert Journeys.
- The travel agreement: the agreement in which Jordan Desert Journeys undertakes to the other party to provide a pre-arranged trip offered by him that includes an overnight stay or a period of more than 24 hours as well as at least two of the following services:
- transportation or
- another tourist service, not related to transport or accommodation, which forms a significant part of the trip.
3. The traveler: the other party of the travel organizer.
- Paragraph 1. The travel agreement is established by acceptance by the traveler of the Jordan Desert Journeys offer.
- Paragraph 2. The person who enters into the contractual agreement for himself or on behalf of another person is jointly and severally liable for all conditions written in this agreement. Participants are responsible for themselves.
- Paragraph 3. The offer of the travel organizer is without obligation and can be revoked by the travel organizer if necessary. Withdrawal must take place immediately after acceptance.
- Paragraph 4. After receipt of the booking confirmation, the specified down payment stated on the booking form must be paid within 10 days.
- Paragraph 5. The remainder of the travel sum must be in the possession of Jordan Desert Journeys no later than 4 weeks before the start of the trip.
- Paragraph 6. If payment is not made 4 weeks prior to your trip, you will receive a summons to transfer the remaining sum immediately.
- Paragraph 7. When registering within 4 weeks before the start of the trip, the entire travel sum must be paid immediately.
- Paragraph 8. In the event of late payment, the trip can be canceled by the travel organizer after a summons and the expiry of the terms set in the summons. In that case, the traveler will reimburse the cancellation costs incurred by the travel organizer, which will be deducted from the down payment.
- Paragraph 9. All costs that the travel organizer has to incur in order to collect the monies owed to, it will be recovered from the relevant traveler.
- Paragraph 1. The published travel sums are per person. These travel sums only include the services and facilities in the program as stated. Further explained on the travel schedule sent to you under “inclusive” and “exclusive”.
- Paragraph 2. The published travel sums are based on prices, exchange rates and taxes as they were known to the tour operator on the day the program was printed.
- Paragraph 3. If the prices, exchange rates or taxes referred to in paragraph 2 change, the tour operator reserves the right to change the travel sums. The traveler will be informed of such a change as soon as possible, but no later than 20 days before the start of the trip.
- Paragraph 4. If the travel organizer increases the travel sum by more than 10% after concluding the agreement, the traveler has the right to cancel the travel agreement, but only within 5 days after receipt of the relevant notification. If such a number of travelers make use of this cancellation right that, according to standards of reasonableness and fairness, the travel organizer can no longer be expected to perform the trip, he has the right to cancel the travel agreement concluded with them with immediate effect towards the other travelers.
- Paragraph 5. If an increase in the travel sum leads to the cancellation of the agreement by the traveler, the travel organizer undertakes to refund the money already paid to the travel organizer as soon as possible.
- Paragraph 6. If the trip is canceled by Jordan Desert Journeys, this travel organization is not liable for the costs already incurred by the traveler, such as insurance premiums, etc. And is not liable for costs related to the cause.
- Paragraph 1. The traveler must be in possession of a valid passport on departure and during the trip, which is valid for 6 months after returning to your country and any vaccination and vaccination certificates. Participants must check the visa requirements for their nationality in order to enter Jordan. If the traveler is unable to make the trip, or only partially, due to lack of the necessary documents, this will be at his expense with all the associated consequences. In that case, the participant cannot claim a return of the travel sum.
- Paragraph 2. During the trip, the traveler must be in possession of a travel insurance with travel accident, travel luggage and health insurance. Expandable for Jordan with world coverage. For certain sports such as hot air ballooning, climbing, diving, horse riding and camel riding, you should inquire with your insurance company for coverage for risk sports. We therefore strongly recommend that you travel well insured. It is recommended that you take out cancellation insurance.
- Paragraph 3. It is the responsibility of the participant to acquire an airline ticket, in none of the trips an airline ticket is included in the travel sum.
- Paragraph 1. The travel organizer may change the travel agreement on an essential point, due to important circumstances immediately communicated to the traveler. In that case, the traveler can cancel the trip.
- Paragraph 2. The travel organizer may also change the travel agreement on a non-essential point due to important circumstances immediately notified to the traveler. In that case, the traveler can only cancel if the change in question is more than minor to his disadvantage.
- Paragraph 3. The traveler who exercises the right to cancel the travel agreement pursuant to paragraph 1 or paragraph 2 of this article must notify the travel organizer of this within 48 hours of receipt of the notification about the change. The travel organizer will then refund the fully or partially paid travel sum.
- Paragraph 4. In the event of changes referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 of this article, the travel organizer undertakes to offer an equivalent alternative as much as possible.
Article 6 – Cancellation costs
Cancellations must be made by letter.
If a travel agreement is canceled by the traveler, in addition to the reservation costs for each traveler, the following amounts are due: (whereby the day of departure as indicated on the itinerary is regarded as the first day)
- up to 8 weeks before departure: 10% of the travel sum
- up to 6 weeks before departure: 25% of the travel sum
- up to 4 weeks before departure: 50% of the travel sum
- up to 2 weeks before departure: 75% of the travel sum
- thereafter: 100% of the travel sum
Additional costs due to early cancellation are not covered by Jordan Desert Journeys.
If the reason for your cancellation is covered by the terms of your travel insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim your cancellation costs through your insurer.
Most scheduled and charter airlines have their own cancellation rules. Depending on the rate used, this can vary from an amount of € 100 to the full rate. These rates are available on request from the airlines.
- Paragraph 1. The travel organizer undertakes to perform the travel agreement in accordance with the expectations that the traveler could reasonably have on the basis of the travel agreement. The performance of the travel agreement must also be assessed on the basis of the state of the technique, the restrictions, the customs and habits that the special destination of the travel organizer entails.
- Paragraph 2. Jordan Desert Journeys is responsible for the proper execution of the trip as described in the itinerary belonging to the travel agreement. However, due to local circumstances or specific limiting factors during the trip, it is possible that the route has to be changed on the spot (for example due to unexpected road closures or locations on the day in the itinerary). If this is the case, the travel organizer has the right to change the travel route and the participant will be consulted about re-entering the route on the day (s) of the unforeseen circumstances.
- Paragraph 3. Depending on the circumstances, the travel organizer is obliged to provide the traveler with help and assistance if the trip does not proceed in accordance with the expectations that he could reasonably have on the basis of the travel agreement. If the cause of this is attributable to the traveler, the travel organizer is only obliged to extend help and assistance if this can reasonably be expected of him. In that case, the costs associated with the help and assistance will be borne by the traveler. The costs will only be borne by the travel organization if the shortcoming in the performance of the travel agreement is attributable to him.
- Paragraph 1. The travel organizer is not liable for damage as a result of the improper execution of the travel agreement, if and insofar as the shortcoming in the execution can be attributed to the traveler.
- Paragraph 2. If the travel organizer is liable for the damage suffered by the traveler on the basis of article 8. paragraph 1, his liability will be limited or excluded in accordance with the applicable international conventions. Nor does he accept liability for damage for which there is a claim to compensation on the basis of a travel and / or cancellation insurance.
- Paragraph 3. If the travel organizer is liable to the traveler for loss of travel enjoyment, the compensation will not exceed the travel sum.
- Paragraph 4. The liability of the travel organizer for damage suffered by the traveler in the exercise of his profession or business shall not exceed the travel sum.
- Paragraph 5. Without prejudice to the provisions of this article, the travel organizer’s liability for damage other than caused by death or injury of the traveler is limited to a maximum of once the travel sum.
- Paragraph 6. Jordan Desert Journeys is not liable for matters that cannot reasonably be attributed as damage, harassment and facts or circumstances normally covered under the normal travel insurance conditions. This includes theft of the participant’s property.
- Paragraph 7. Jordan Desert Journeys accepts no responsibility and assumes no liability in the event of acute medical situations during the trip. The tour operator or their representative will do whatever is necessary, insofar as it is in their power, to assist the traveler in an acute medical situation.
- Paragraph 1. The traveler is obliged to comply with all instructions of the travel organizer to promote the proper execution of the trip and is liable for damage caused by his unauthorized behavior judging by the behavior of a correct traveler.
- Paragraph 2. The traveler who causes or can cause nuisance or inconvenience, in such a way that the proper execution of the trip is or may be hindered, can be excluded from continuation of the trip by the travel organizer or his representative on the spot. All resulting costs will be borne by the traveler.
- Paragraph 3. The traveler who shows bad or negative behavior towards employees of Jordan Desert Journeys, can be excluded from further participation in the trip by the tour operator or his representative on site. In such a situation, the travel sum is non-refundable. If there are any expenses arising from the exclusion, they will be paid in advance to the travel organization by the participant.
- Paragraph 1. Obvious errors or mistakes in the travel program or other publications are not binding for the travel organizer.
- Paragraph 2. Any complaints about the implementation of the travel agreement should be submitted as much as possible at the place where the complaint arose to the representation of Jordan Desert Journeys. If this is not possible or the complaint cannot be resolved satisfactorily, it must be submitted in writing and with reasons to the travel organizer no later than 1 month after return to your home country. Within one month of receipt of this, a written response will be given.
- Paragraph 3. If the participant is of the opinion that the complaint has not been satisfactorily resolved and both parties cannot reach a suitable solution, the participant can contact the competent court within 3 months after the trip.
Article 11 – Temporary supplement in connection with the uncertain times regarding the corona crisis.
- Paragraph 1. By booking one of the journeys of Jordan Desert Journeys, you enter into a definitive commitment with Jordan Desert Journeys as usual. The payment obligation as referred to in article 3 has been temporarily adjusted to the circumstances of the present moment.
- Paragraph 2. As soon as the trip can take place with certainty on the reserved date, you will receive a message from us. The deposit must be paid within a week. So not as usual at the time of your booking.
- Paragraph 3. If the departure date is within 4 weeks before departure, you must pay the full travel sum immediately.
- Paragraph 4. If the trip is unexpectedly canceled, the trip will be canceled and the payment obligation will lapse.
- Paragraph 5. These amended conditions only now apply to bookings up to September 1, 2022 for journeys of Jordan Desert Journeys with departure dates in 2022.
- Paragraph 1. The travel organizer values the trust the traveler places in her when accessing personal data. Your data will never be shared with third parties. We follow GDPR guidelines regarding your privacy.